Getting Around Düsseldorf by Bus and Train
With trams, buses and underground trains the "Rheinbahn" operates a network of over 1,400 kilometres in Düsseldorf.
You can get from the main station to the Old Town in just three minutes with the underground. Because of its links to the Rhine-Ruhr transport network, Düsseldorf forms a uniform tariff region with the regional transport facilities in the surrounding area and the trains of Deutsche Bahn AG, at no extra cost.
So you can travel to trade fairs and airports quickly and in comfort, without having to sit in traffic jams.
Information and Tips
- Timetables, ticket prices, line network
- Rheinbahn service number (+49) 1803.504030
Timetable and price information 24 hours a day
(0.09 euro/minute from a German landline)
- P+R facilities (Park + Ride) in the Rhine-Ruhr transport network
- Deutsche Bahn AG Park&Rail car parks
At Düsseldorf main train station: Immermannhof (access via Karlstraße) and east side of main train station (access via Willi-Becker-Allee or Ludwig-Erhard-Allee)
- Mobility guarantee: the flexibility to change trains if you get delayed